Friday, May 29, 2009

more crafts!

I collected toilet paper rolls for weeks, hoping to use them for some sort of to-be-determined craft project. Neela thought I was crazy and threatened to throw my stash out in my sleep if I didn't do something with them. Finally I came up with the idea of cutting cross sections and making a map of India on our living room wall out of them. Bangladesh (what what) is prominently displayed using bright orange origami paper. Take a look at the pic from this post to see where it is in relation to the rest of the room (its in the left corner).
.
BTW, can you tell yet that I use origami paper for everything?

2 comments:

Anonymous Doctor said...

how creative, as always. see you soon!

Lizz Huntley said...

OMG! Zoe and I saved not only TP rolls but also all of the bottles and boxes from the bottled water! Except instead of making a cool piece of artwork we made a coathanger . . . which ended up only holding one abayya. We put on a face and a higaab and named her "Hagga Zaynab", the 3rd roommate in our tiny Maadi apartment.